2nd Python Seminar in Seoul Was a Success

June Kim junaftnoon at nospamplzyahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 13:24:38 EST 2001

"John Grayson" <johngrayson at home.com> wrote in message
news:95rgng$8ul$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <95q8tj$1c8$1 at news.nuri.net>,
>   "June Kim" <junaftnoon at nospamplzyahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> I received a package from my publisher at Manning last night:
> Inside was the Korean translation of Python and Tkinter Programming!
> It is published by Infobook ISBN 89-8054-424-3.

Yes, we now have Learning Python in Korean published on the seminar day Feb.
2. and Python and Tkinter Programming a few weeks ago. (I'm sure there are
some more translations and some original works in Korean as well.)

> This is great news for Python -- my only fear is that the frequent
> Monty Python quips in the book translate to something offensive
> in Korean...

I reckon the people who are reading the translated version of the quips
would think them rather pedantic and esoteric than offensive; or very
valueable and profound about programming than laughable and comedic.

Nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt anyone's heart at least -- it would hurt some
of the reader's brains; they would struggle to interpret it.

Best regards,

June Kim

ps. I have a copy of your book in English and I like it pretty much. thank
you John for this great book.