2nd Python Seminar in Seoul Was a Success

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Feb 7 09:07:57 EST 2001

June Kim <junaftnoon at nospamplzyahoo.com> wrote:
[me]
>> Woah, we were happy in Europe to have about 70 people attending our
>> EuroZopeCon a few weeks ago, and you people get 600 people coming to
>> see about Stackless Python? What are you doing in Korea that we're

> It wasn't merely about SP. It was a Python seminar: ZOPE, wxPython, C/API,
> Internet programming, XML, URL, and whole lot more.

Yeah, I figured actually, it just sounded funnier to just say SP, as that
was what I initially thought -- I shall strive for more accuracy in my

>> not doing in Europe? :)

> We gave out Python Reference Library to the people and had a reception at
> the end; it wasn't totally free, though. (but we had sponsorship from several
> companies)

We were totally free, and did have sponsorship. Anyway, more people couldn't
have fitted well in the room that we had, so in retrospect we must've been
glad 600 people did not show up. :)

[snip]
> p.s. the coverage of Python in one of the four major newspapers a few days
> b4 the seminar and developers' magazine's competitvely carrying articles about
> Python seem to be major factors of our success.

We shall attempt to strive for the same effect here, then! Anyway, you
people have my respect!

Regards,

Martijn