What to do after Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Feb 19 12:16:33 EST 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> (HP, IBM, Dec, and Sun, at least; those were the ones we tried -- and
> that's when I learned that Microsoft's C++ was *MUCH* cleaner, and far
> closer to the standard, than _many_ other proprietary C++ compilers by
> various other operating system vendors -- before then, the only C++
> compiler I had used on Unix and Unix-like boxes was gcc, but that was
> not supported by 'mainsoft' [if that's the right name]).

Which is ironic, since that's the best, most Standard compliant C++
compiler for UNIX out there.  (It certainly has some problems, but
they're all have workarounds and are being addressed in gcc 3.0.)

/  \ Granted that I must die, how shall I live?
\__/ Michael Novak
    Alcyone Systems / http://www.alcyone.com/
 Alcyone Systems, San Jose, California.