Python and GTK

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Sat Feb 3 12:34:46 EST 2001

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 04:48:11PM +0000, Jay O'Connor wrote:
[snip]
| ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_gtkmodule.so:
| undefined symbol: GTK_TYPE_GDK_COLOR
| [jay at altaica gtk_test]$
|
| Anyone else run into anything like this or have success or failure
| running GTK with Python?

I haven't had problems on my system.  It looks like _gtkmodule.so (the
C shared library part of the GTK bindins) makes a reference to the
symbol GTK_TYPE_GDK_COLOR.  Do you have GTK installed on the system?

I think this is a problem with the C libraries and ld's config on your
system.

HTH,
-D