2nd Python Seminar in Seoul Was a Success

June Kim junaftnoon at nospamplzyahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 20:36:11 EST 2001

"Martijn Faassen" <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote in message
news:95q39h$hji$5 at newshost.accu.uu.nl...
> June Kim <junaftnoon at nospamplzyahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hello Python users all over the world,
>
> > We are happy to tell you that the 2nd Python Seminar in Seoul, South
Korea
> > on Feb. 2 was a great success. We had more than 600 people on the day,
and a
> > few had to go back home in the morning because we didn't have enough
seats
> > for them. It was such a boom. A few reporters came to cover the seminar
and
> > interviewed the people. There'll be several articles about the seminar
in
> > some magazines next month.
>
> Woah, we were happy in Europe to have about 70 people attending our
> EuroZopeCon a few weeks ago, and you people get 600 people coming to
> see about Stackless Python? What are you doing in Korea that we're

It wasn't merely about SP. It was a Python seminar: ZOPE, wxPython, C/API,
Internet programming, XML, URL, and whole lot more.

> not doing in Europe? :)

We gave out Python Reference Library to the people and had a reception at
the
end; it wasn't totally free, though. (but we had sponsorship from several
companies)

Warmest regards,

June.

p.s. the coverage of Python in one of the four major newspapers a few days
b4
the seminar and developers' magazine's competitvely carrying articles about
Python seem to be major factors of our success.