Four problems with Gordon McMillan's Installer

Gordon Williams g_will at cyberus.ca
Fri Feb 2 10:45:10 EST 2001

Yes, I used your program a couple of days ago when it was hot off the press.
It worked nicely and very smoothly.  The problem that I had with it was that
you pack all the source .pyc files into an easily expandable zip file.
These can be easily extracted and decompiled back to .py for all the world
to see.  I dont want people messing with the source so I was looking for
something that was not quite as easy to hack.

Maybe there is something that can be done with your program to at least hide
the python files inside the zip file to provide at least some level of
security?  I dont know how others handle this for commercial apps.

Regards,

Gordon Williams

news:95dv28$guuo7$1 at ID-59885.news.dfncis.de...