COM "out" Variant Array params and such

Michael Kelly mkelly2002NOSPAM at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 19:16:39 EST 2001

On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:39:29 GMT, Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com>
wrote:

>It should work the same way from Python whether retval or out.  If you
>have *both* a retval and an out param, then you specify both:
>
>rc, VariantArrayOfStrings = MyIniFile.ReadSections("Section name")

Ok.  Tried a quick and dirty COM thingy and it worked.  I got it now.
The multiple assignment thing is still a bit new to me so I wouldn't
have thought to look for that syntax.

>The latest ActivePython and win32all are identical.  The next version of
>either/both should have this fix.

Cool.  Thanks again.

Mike

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx