how to get traceback from segfault signal handler?

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Mon Dec 31 00:07:58 EST 2001

i'd really-really like to get the python traceback from inside my own
installed signal handler. i have a semi-big set of c extension modules,
and it's sadly not too shocking for things to crash. (nothing of
python's fault, for sure). but it would really aid everyone involved if
a stacktrace could be printed, similar to a normal exception.

the main problem it seems to come down to, i can't get ahold of the
interpreter lock, because the thread execution is stopped. something
like "PyThreadState_Get_VoidWarranty()" would really help me out?