COM "out" Variant Array params and such

Michael Kelly mkelly2002NOSPAM at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 3 15:24:50 EST 2001

On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 00:30:03 GMT, Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com>
wrote:

>The correct way to call this should be:
>
>VariantArrayOfStrings = MyIniFile.ReadSections("Section name")

Just to update you I got my component to work as expected.
I'm happy to find all the bugs were in my code. :)
I changed the ReadSections type methods to out retval
and recoded and they work.  The strange error with
"returned error without exception" or whatever that
message was disappeared when I used the
pywintypes.Time() to convert default times and
dates in the DIniFile.ReadTime type method calls.
Passing in a raw float as a default time or date to
return if there was nothing in the .ini file seems to
have tripped a type eror or some such.

So, looks like nothing's broken and I'll get this puppy to work. :)
Thanks again for the help.

Mike

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx