'ioctl ' call in python (serial port reading)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Dec 6 08:41:00 EST 2001

mixo <mixo at beth.uniforum.org.za> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>

> > If he was using 1.5.2 or 2.0, then the constants should be in TERMIOS
> > instead.
> > There was a release which had a crippled set of constants in termios,
> > but I can't remember which one it was/find it.
> > At any rate, all the constants mentioned are in termios on the
> > systems
> > I have access to in CVS at present.
> > Cheers,
> > M.
> >

> I am actually using 1.5.2, but I have 2.x installed as well.
> The constants are not in my TERMIOS.

Huh, wierd.  What platform are you on?  Did you build Python yourself
or did it come with the OS?

I'm not going to worry about this too much -- the chance of a 1.5.3 is
not all that large...

Cheers,
M.

--
  Now this is what I don't get.  Nobody said absolutely anything
  bad about anything.  Yet it is always possible to just pull