'ioctl ' call in python (serial port reading)

mixo mixo at beth.uniforum.org.za
Thu Dec 6 02:30:47 EST 2001

Michael Hudson wrote:

> If he was using 1.5.2 or 2.0, then the constants should be in TERMIOS
> instead.
>
> There was a release which had a crippled set of constants in termios,
> but I can't remember which one it was/find it.
>
> At any rate, all the constants mentioned are in termios on the systems
> I have access to in CVS at present.
>
> Cheers,
> M.

I am actually using 1.5.2, but I have 2.x installed as well.
The constants are not in my TERMIOS.

Thanks
Mixo

P.S 2.x, breaks a few projects that we / I have worked on which
     have string manipulation. Whatever happened to 're', really
     kills a few things. And,there is syntax which changed as well,
     which wouldn't be an issue if all we used this side was 'python'.
     (The last project we worked on, we had to use 'php',
      and then there is maintence of RT, which is in perl, and of
      course the reason for my original problem, the documentation
      for serial programming has examples/illustrations written
      in 'c' -- and that is the 2nd language I learned).
     In short,it may some time before we / I switch to 2.x, and
     I look forward to the day...