[BTTC-core] CVS should be working now...

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Dec 20 12:12:15 EST 2001

On Friday 21 December 2001 12:37 am, TigerWraith wrote:
> Jon is there a way that you can send me the files directly? I don't really
> know how to use the CVS and I don't know if I can use it to begin with.
> Also I haven't tried yet, but im not using Win9x anymore New computer and
> 98SE wasn't very Stable on it. Kept having to re-install ever 3 days. Ill
> let you know if I can get all the Python Stuff to run on Win2KPro or not.

Shoot. I keep forgetting about you guys. ;-)

I'll make a release sometime tomorrow. It's 3:00 AM here, and I can't see the
screen anymore.

CVS does work with windows, but you have to take some time to get it working
right. I think I was using winCVS, but it had some weird behavior. Try
searching on Google for something like "howto windows cvs" or "windows cvs
beginner" or whatnot, see what comes up. Make sure you also use the resources
at sourceforge, because their documentation is aimed specifically at people
like you who are all new to this.

The scariest part of CVS for me was  the fact that it was creating
directories and moving stuff around, and "what's all this
authentication/login/password stuff about and how come it don't work?" But
after a while, it all makes a lot of sense, and you realize how easy it was
all along. Kind of like HTML, I guess.

Good Luck,
Jonathan