ciphon 0.3.4

Suchandra Thapa ssthapa at classes.cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 20 12:14:55 EST 2001

Thomas Heller <thomas.heller at ion-tof.com> wrote:
>How do I upload a package? Can ciphon do this?

    Currently, ciphon doesn't allow this.

>It seems you only support gzip'd tar files or rpms. Are other formats
>planned? What about binary distributions?

    Currently, I don't think ciphon will work in windows although the
potential is there.  Similarly binary packages aren't currently supported,
I'm planning on adding binary and mac/windows support after the unix
side is fairly stable and works properly.

>From reading the source I got the impression that ciphon mostly spawns external
>utilities. Can/should it be extended to use Python modules (gzip, zipfile,...)?

    Yes, ciphon should probably try to use the standard library as much as
possible.  I will investigate this but my main focus right now is to get
ciphon running well on unix systems and writing up a decent set of
documents.

Suchandra Thapa                       | "There are only two kinds of math .
s-thapa-11 at NOSPAMalumni.uchicago.edu  | books. Those you cannot read beyond