Win32Service and Service Manager

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Dec 20 17:58:53 EST 2001

Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:

> I've written a basic service and it stops and starts with the Net
> command but I can't find it or anything relating to Python in the
> Service Manager.
>
> So the questions are:
>
> 1. Where is it hiding?
> 2. How do I change the user it runs under?
> 3. How do I change the startup mode?
>
> OS is Win2K

I am not too sure what you are asking.  There are no generic Python
features in the Service Control Manager - each service using Python is
completely stand alone.

win32serviceutil.py has code that interacts with the Service Control
Manager, including installing services using arbitary user names and
start modes.  See win32serviceutil.HandleCommandLine().

Mark.