Win32Service and Service Manager

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 19:51:34 EST 2001

Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>I am not too sure what you are asking.  There are no generic Python
>features in the Service Control Manager - each service using Python is
>completely stand alone.
>
>win32serviceutil.py has code that interacts with the Service Control
>Manager, including installing services using arbitary user names and
>start modes.  See win32serviceutil.HandleCommandLine().

Sorry, that wasn't very clear.

The Services MMC snap-in, which controls services and lists all those
installed, does not have my new service listed. My service must be
registered because it stops and starts with the NET command. So how
come it doesn't show up in the Services snap-in?

I'm mystified how you can even create a service that doesn't show up
here and yet still responds to NET STOP and START commands.

There! Does that make more sense?
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd