Deprecate tabs for indenting (was Re: Indenting with tabs vs spaces)

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at home.com
Mon Dec 3 22:10:38 EST 2001

I like the width of 4 spaces also, BUT I use tabs and configured my editor
to "DISPLAY"
tabs as 4 characters in width.  It does not replace tabs with spaces it
displays the white space equivalent to 4 spaces.  Spaces are great for
separating words/glyph combinations but are not proper for formatting.
Hammers work for nails but not screws.  Same for spaces v. tabs.