Bus Error in HP-UX 11.00

venkatakrishnan.k imvenki at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 09:55:59 EST 2001

Hai,
I was using Python2.1 which was build from source using gcc-3.0.1
compiler.
I did the conventional configure, make & make install dance for my
source.
Whether i was right or wrong,i concluded that the problem was with my
build.
So i opted for a readymade binary for python for HP.
I got a HP-ported python binary from

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Languages/python-2.1

and i am no longer getting that "Bus Error".
So i assumed that my conclusion was right.

But i have one more problem.
I am actually porting my python code developed for Windows to HP.
I use ActivePython-2.1 from www.activestate.com for Windows.
It comes with builtin support for packages like distutils & zlib.
But i was shocked to see that these packages are missing in my HP-UX
binary.
Now i am searching for a binaries for all such additional packages.
Does anybody have the binary or i have to do the same 'configure ;make
; make install' activity????

thanks,
venkatakrishnan.k