Bus Error in HP-UX 11.00

Jody Winston josephwinston at mac.com
Wed Dec 19 18:46:18 EST 2001

imvenki at hotmail.com (venkatakrishnan.k) writes:

> Hai all,
> I have a program which runs good in linux systems.When i tried to port it to
> HP i got this strange error called "bus error" and my program core-dumped.
> Since i am new to HP i dont know how to solve it and i am not even sure
> whether the problem lies with my code.
> I would be very pleased to get a solution for this as this is very urgent.
>
> bye,
> venkatakrishnan.k

You didn't give us much to go on.

   o What's the python version
   o What modules are being used
   o Did you compile the dynamic modules correctly using something
     like (aCC -Wl,-E -Wl,+s -Wl,+b$(HOME)/Tools/$(FULLNAME)/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload)

Try running with python -v to see what's going on.  Run python under a
debugger.

--
Jody Winston