Hiding stuff like passwords in source?

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Fri Dec 7 20:30:00 EST 2001

David Brady <daves_spam_dodging_account at yahoo.com> wrote:
> directories and such.  Because I'm too lazy to type in
> my password every time, I've just jammed in the
> password into the Python source.  It's nice being able
> The problem is, of course, security.  If someone else

Depending of your OS of choice and the security level wanted this
can be dead simple or trully impossible:)

But one thing to start with is to seperate the password info from your
normal code.  Put it in some file not readable by others (file
protection wise, or by having it on a very privat floppydisk) and read
the info in at the start of your program.

--
groetjes, carel