Hiding stuff like passwords in source?

Paul Rubin phr-n2001d at nightsong.com
Fri Dec 7 23:12:32 EST 2001

Yes, I have a module that can do what you're asking though it might
overkill.  Basically it's an encryption routine where the encryption
key is kept in a separate process from the application and the processes
communicate through a remote object protocol.  You would start up the
key-holding process when you log in and type your password once.
Your application could then access it as needed.

The module is not yet released but the preliminary docs are at:
http://www.nightsong.com/phr/python/crypto.txt.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for.