Python Popularity: Questions and Comments

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 27 18:44:15 EST 2001

Thanks, Dave. I suspect you are right about this. When I went searching
for a "scripting" language to learn, about 10 months ago,  (after
becoming frustrated with Java as a "hobby" language) I really narrowed
down the field to just Python and Ruby. I was quite torn because I liked
what I saw of Ruby from the Pickaxe book, its a great book! But I
ultimately chose Python because I perceived it might be a little easier
for me to learn. After all, I have no "C" background at all and no Perl
experience either; and rightly or wrongly, what I could find on the web
and in the two newsgroups helped me make a close decision to try Python.