lost interest?

cruciatuz sasoft at gmx.de
Sat Dec 8 17:56:31 EST 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 12:54:02AM +0900, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

> On Sunday 09 December 2001 12:07 am, John Roth wrote:

> However, the interactive mode of CPAN (perl -MCPAN -e shell) is pretty cool.
> You can specify mirrors to download from pretty easily, it will check what
> you got and figure out what you need, and it has a few nice touches that
> makes it really useful. Something like this would be useful for Python in
> general. However, I find the traditional do-it-yourself easy and sufficient.
> That's just me, so...
THIS is cpan?
If i understand you right, you can deal with perl modules like you can
with debian's apt-get tool? (i just tried the command "perl -MCPAN -e shell")

I'd really like something like that for python, based on "setup.py", but
with the option to download the package directly.

something like: $> py-get module install

this would cool :)

... or did i understand everything wrong?

--
Stefan Antoni