age of new pythonistas [was: The Editor Poll results are in!]

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Fri Dec 21 12:23:17 EST 2001

Dan Compton <coca at houston.rr.com> graced us by uttering:
> I tried some Perl but found it to be way too much of an intimidating
> mess of syntax and modules.

If I'd cast Perl aside when you did, I'd have seriously sold myself
short.  Perl is a valuable tool, ideal for different tasks than Python,
but valuable nonetheless.

> I also learned Tcl and found it to be a better alternative to Perl

I don't know if that was a joke, but it gave me a good laugh, FWIW.

> if you know what I mean,

Less and less with each sentence.

> I think Python is great because it is well designed (unlike Perl),

Wait, didn't you give up on Perl before you knew it well enough to make
that kind of statement?

> (...but I might be wrong about that due to ignorance),

You might.

Tim Hammerquist
--
In Devon, Connecticut, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.