XP Python? [was Re: Python evangelists unite!]

Alan Winston awinston at scn.org
Wed Dec 5 14:18:07 EST 2001

> [megasnip]
> ...  (XP is another part, by the way, but that's a
> discussion for another newsgroup. :-)  ...

Why wouldn't a Python-specific XP discussion  be entirely appropriate and
welcome in this group?

Throughout this thread I have been wishing someone would mention XP in this
context. In particular when there is reference to Python being suitable for
lone-wolf programmers, but not for large teams. Your mention of test-first
also had me mumbling "XP ..., XP ... ."

I would be very, very appreciative if you could comment on your XP
experiences as they specifically relate to Python, and in contrast to other
languages you have production XP'ed in. Do you do full pair-programming,
with shifting pairs?

Alan Winston
Seattle