"Pythonj Fatal error: UNREF invalid object

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Dec 15 08:55:05 EST 2001

Courageous <jkraska at san.rr.com> writes:

> Regarding the subject line, what semantics causes the above fatal
> error to occur, generally?

Looks like[1] it happens when internal gc structures get messed up.
Are you implementing a container that participates in gc?  Have you
got everything right?

It also might be caused by random memory scribbling, I guess.

Cheers,
M.
[1] As in I did
    $ cd /path/to/python/src
    $ grep UNREF -r .
    and looked at what I found.  Was this beyond you?

--
42. You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his
    attitude on the continuing vitality of FORTRAN.