The Editor Poll results are in!

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Sun Dec 2 16:49:20 EST 2001

Roy Katz <katz at Glue.umd.edu> graced us by uttering:
> (and I find that Python fits in with my youthful ideals nicely among
> others such as Esperanto & being vegan)

Is this a 90's thing, where your idealistic fantasies and your
programming LOC must be compatible?  I take it Lisp and Smalltalk
went out with polyester, then?  I've heard many people say Smalltalk
embodies freedom better than any other language.

OTOH, as a vegan, perhaps you can tell me: what's "organic coffee"?

> it'd also be cool to see the relative age of new pythonistas -- I
> suspect that they're young, but this is completely unfounded.

My opinion has always been that new Pythonistas have found Python the
same way I did: by keeping their ears open.  I heard about Python when
its virtues were extolled in comp.lang.perl.misc, so one should never
judge their enemies too harshly. ;)

Tim Hammerquist
--
But the price of getting what you want