Not installing interpreter on local machine

Daphna Shezaf shezafd at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 10:03:42 EDT 2001

Hi,
I am a python enthusiast and have been programming around in python
for sometime. I came up with the idea to use python for internal
scripts we need in my company (for example: build scripts).
That's nice (I think), but it will be hard to convince people that
python interpreter should be installed on every machine around.
Do you think it will be possible to install the interpreter on a
single server, so that people will actually run their scripts on this
server? Is it possible (and how), for the script to run a program on a
different machine (We're using windows 2000 LAN)? Any other helpful
hints?

Thanks,
Daphna