Getting modpython to work on Mandrake 8?

Iwan van der Kleyn ivdkleyn at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 25 14:32:54 EDT 2001

Has anyone been able to get modpython to work on Mandrake 8? I've
installed it succesfully under previous versions of Mandrake, but no
luck with the latest.

I've compiled and installed Python v2.1 without thread support and
succesfully compiled modpython 2.7.6 and installed it into Apache as a DSO.

Then I had to configure commonhttpd.conf to include the <Directory> tag.
  No succes here, because no matter what, apache/modpython failed to
detect the PythonHandler keyword. Changing the <Directory> into the
<Location> tag did work. Apache started wihout a problem, the Python
interpreter was loaded, but reported an errormessage because it coudln't
find the handler (python program whcih is started by modpython) in its
path.

So after trying for a day or so, I'm ready to give up and go back to
Tomcat :-)

If anyone did get modpython to work on Mandrake 8, I would be very
gratefull if he or she would share this information with me...

Regards,

Iwan