python-dev summary, July 16-31

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Tue Aug 7 17:36:16 EDT 2001

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:

> You're quite correct that they're not really related; either change
> could have been made independently of the other.  It just seemed
> clearest to cheat a bit and mention the 'X in dict' change at that
> point.  Otherwise the only reasonable place to describe it would have

Ah, I see. But as written now it's a little confusing, atleast to me.
Maybe adding some words might help, like:

  Iterator support has been added to some of Python's basic types. The
  in operator now works on dictionaries; as an aside, fortunately the
  related key in dict also works and is now equivalent to dict.has_key(key).
  Calling iter() on a dictionary will return an iterator which loops over
  its keys:

--
groetjes, carel