Language Niches (long)

James Logajan JamesL at Lugoj.Com
Fri Aug 3 20:17:29 EDT 2001

Robert Amesz wrote:
> There actually is an older spelling of the word, as we can see in the
> title "Paradigm Lost", by Milton, the epic poem about mankind's
> struggle to come to terms with Good, Evil, and The Loss Of A Small
> Amount Of Change.

I'm sorry, but the title was "Pair 'o Dice Lost" and was about how to deal
with a game of Monopoly (tm) when you land on Boardwalk with a hotel owned
by your stupid brother and get so angry you throw the dice behind the sofa.

(No I never had any therapy for that incident, why do you ask!?)

P.S. Ob Python: anyone implemented a non computer game in Python that had
traditionally used dice?