A survey of Python IDEs

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Aug 27 15:22:30 EDT 2001

    Justin> However, for the project I'm currently on, we need to support
    Justin> both Linux and Windows environments. A little investigation
    Justin> revealed that Gtk did not appear to be well supported on
    Justin> Windows. It seemed that someone had attempted a port, but it was
    Justin> troublesome and they weren't going to support it.

There is a Windows port available, but it does lag behind the Unix version.
You might try googling for "gimpwin".  There are both user and developer
mailing lists.  The company I am currently consulting for plans/hopes to use
Gtk on both Windows and Linux.

    Justin> If all these tools are reasonably well supported on Windows,
    Justin> perhaps I can seriously consider this option again. Is anyone
    Justin> using these tools on a linux box to develop GUIs, then running
    Justin> them, reasonably trouble-free, on Windows?

We're trying.  The currently greatest missing bit on Windows is drag and
drop.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/