bug or feature? Re: [Python-Dev] ANN: PyChecker v0.8

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue Aug 7 11:46:48 EDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Neal Norwitz wrote:

>A new version of PyChecker is available for your hacking pleasure.
>
>        PyChecker is a tool for finding common bugs in python source code.
>        It finds problems that are typically caught by a compiler for less
>        dynamic languages, like C and C++.
>
>Comments, criticisms, new ideas, and other feedback is welcome.

Thank you, Neal!

I am not sure if it is a bug or feature, but I have files
named like:

01.001.py

and PyChecker refuses to check them:

$pychecker.sh 01.001.py
Processing 01.001...
  Problem importing module 01.001 - No module named 01

Warnings...

01.001:1: NOT PROCESSED UNABLE TO IMPORT

Is there any limitation on calling Python _programs_ without any dots
others than before 'py'? Or do I need to rename all those files?

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Tuesday, August 07, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/