calldll question

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Fri Aug 10 09:50:59 EDT 2001

Wayne wrote:

> When I only load windll using:
>
>     from windll import *
>     mod1 = module("c:\\windows\\system32\\packet.dll")

Should be mod1 = module('packet')

Should *really* be:
import windll
mod1 = windll.module('packet')

Only use "from .. import *" if you have a really good reason.
If you don't know what qualifies as a "really good reason",
then don't use it at all.

> I receive the following error message:
>
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>     AttributeError: 'calldll' module has no attribute 'load_library'
>
> When I load both calldll and windll my console gets flooded with:
>
>     Exception exceptions.RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth
> exceeded' in
>     <method module.__del__ of module instance at 007EC5D4> ignored

Not sure what you mean by "load both". windll loads calldll already. If
you're using the windll interface, you don't need calldll.

- Gordon