calldll question

Wayne piercew at hushmail.com
Fri Aug 10 07:58:38 EDT 2001

I'm trying to get a python script to load packet.dll using the calldll
and windll packages.  I've been using a combination of the O'Reilly
Python Programming on Win32 and stuff scattered on the Internet to try
and figure this out.

When I only load windll using:

    from windll import *
    mod1 = module("c:\\windows\\system32\\packet.dll")

I receive the following error message:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    AttributeError: 'calldll' module has no attribute 'load_library'

When I load both calldll and windll my console gets flooded with:

    Exception exceptions.RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth
exceeded' in
    <method module.__del__ of module instance at 007EC5D4> ignored

The message above continues until I ^C.

I'm sure this is an IO (Idiot Operator) error, but does anyone have a
pointer on how I should be doing this?  I'm not trying to do anything
super fancy, at least I don't think I am.

I'm on a Win2K box laptop with Python v2.1.1 and the latest DynWin and
calldll available.
Thank you for any help,

Wayne