Python-2.1.1 and wxPython problem loading zlib

Doug Farrell writeson at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 14:20:37 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've FINALLY got a Python-2.1.1 and wxPython running on my Solaris 2.6
Sparc machine. This took me a long time, but I won't go into that!
Anyway, I know wxPython is running cause I can run some of the demo
programs. However, when I try to run the main demo.py program I get
the following messages:

# python demo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "demo.py", line 3, in ?
    import Main
  File "Main.py", line 19, in ?
    import images
  File "images.py", line 5, in ?
    import cPickle, zlib
ImportError: No module named zlib

I just used pkg-get install zlib    to install zlib from
www.sunfreeware.com, but that didn't solve the problem. Can someone
tell me what I need to do to get the zlib module to load? Actually,
any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Doug
Scholastic, Inc.