Problems with Threads

Alexandre Perrin payou at free.fr
Fri Aug 10 04:11:55 EDT 2001

Hello,

I had the same problem recently... In fact, it mainly depends on the kind of
thread you are using.
I'm using Windows and I know that Win32 threads are incompatible with Python
(because the Python API is single-threaded), but I heard that POSIX threads
work fine.

Anyway, there is a solution to your problem. Instead of creating your thread
in C, you can create a Python thread BEFORE calling your C function. This
works fine because Python threads are safe.

Payou.

PS: I also noticed that the different interpreter (Python Idle and
Pythonwin) are using threads differently...

9kv0fi$ft4$1 at panix2.panix.com...

http://www.rahul.net/aahz/