Zope python paths

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 12:20:37 EDT 2001

In article <9kotiu$265g$1 at norfair.nerim.net>, Gillou <nospam at bigfoot.com> writes
>Robin,
>
>Have a look at this registry key (for me, it's in Win2K):
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.1\PythonPath
>
>I think a python 2.1 engine for Windows will find the python path here at
>startup.
>Make some changes to this key (i.e, add any directory) and see what happends
>in your Zope test.
>If it changes in your Zope test too, perhaps you should provide a PYTHONPATH
>in the script that starts Zope to override this.
>Or make a small change in the Z2.py
>
>--Gilles
OK it seems to ignore 2.1\PythonPath default value
        C:\Python\Lib\plat-win;C:\Python\Lib;C:\Python\DLLs;C:\Python\Lib\lib-tk

but the subkeys
PythonWin=C:\Python\Pythonwin
win32=C:\Python\win32;C:\Python\win32\lib
win32com=C:\Python

seem to be respected. I have changed z2.py to eliminate these and my
 path now looks OK.
Seems to me like an official 'install' should take care
to eliminate initial paths which aren't below sw_home\bin.
--
Robin Becker