Python Path Blues

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Thu Aug 16 20:40:56 EDT 2001

[Maan M. Hamze]
> Issue resolved.
> Although the search path is set in the windows NT registry, I discovered
> that it was not set in:  My Computer ..... Properties .... Environment.
> I truly thought that the registry was enough, but apparently it is not.
> Having set the PYTHONPATH in the environment the problem was resolved.
> Strange:  What is the point of the registry then?

I'm not sure, it hasn't always been this way, and *all* behaviors for
PYTHONPATH have surprised me since I first used Python on Windows.  Mark
Hammond has a Design here, but the only clues I know of as to exactly what
it is are hiding in comments attached to bug reports on SourceForge.  If you
figure it out, please submit a doc patch <0.7 wink>.

cheerfully y'rs  - tim