PKCS10 ASN.1 decoding

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Apr 6 03:55:57 EDT 2001

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> There is an asn1 decoder in Pisces:
>     http://www.cnri.reston.va.us/software/pisces/
>
> There are a few bugs in the current version.  I am planning to release
> a bug fix release in the next week or two.  If can mail you a copy of
> the current pisces/asn1.py if that would help.

Jeremy, I've added some string types and I would like to see support
for some repeatedly used standard types like SEQUENCE OF or SET OF.
We could coordinate to enhance your ASN.1 module.

I'd also would like to have a separate BER/DER module for decoding
(maybe borrowed from pysnmp?). This would make it possible to also
import a BER/DER module in C if present (similar to common usage of
cPickle/pickle). The C module could be borrowed from e.g. OpenSSL or
BER from OpenLDAP.

Ciao, Michael.