PKCS10 ASN.1 decoding

Carlos Alberto Reis Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Fri Apr 6 20:47:48 EDT 2001

Michael Ströder wrote:
>Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>>There is an asn1 decoder in Pisces:
>(...)
>We could coordinate to enhance your ASN.1 module.
>I'd also would like to have a separate BER/DER module for decoding
>(maybe borrowed from pysnmp?).

There is a BER implementation in Python, from Ilya Etingoff (I think that
this is the name...) You can find a link to it on the Vaults of Parnassus.
BTW that was the library that addicted me to Python; my work does involve a
lot of network management stuff.

I've written a object oriented class library that maps OIDs, tables or even
parts of the MIB tree to a class. I've promised to send my implementation
to Ilya last September, but since then I was not able to make it.

Another thing that I did was to explore some alternatives for a faster and
safer snmpget implementation, mainly for large tables. One of the problems
was to find safe ways to do a partial fetch of the table (for example, with
selected columns only). Some agents also implement only part of the table,
which makes it a bit harder. I have some working code also.

Carlos Ribeiro