vim mode in interactive python

Timothy Grant tjg at hyperlinq.net
Thu Apr 19 22:56:41 EDT 2001

For some reason, I had never thought about the possibility of
making interactive python use vim key bindings, but as I was
reading the docs for the new release I read about setting vim
keybindings by putting the following line in .inputrc

set editing-mode vi

I have done so, but I don't get vim bindings. What might I be
doing wrong?

Thanks a bunch.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                                www.hyperlinq.net
Chief Technology Officer                     tjg at hyperlinq.net
HyperLINq Technologies, Inc.                <>< (503) 246-3630