bzip2 extension exist for python?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sun Apr 1 17:46:35 EDT 2001

[Moshe Zadka]
> You shouldn't worry about idiotic things like bzip2, when superior
> technologies like lzip (http://lzip.sourceforge.net). I am now working
> on a reimplementation of lzip in Python, since I feel the current lzip
> code base is too messy to use. Expect updates!

Moshe, would you consider recoding it in Parrot instead?  We need a crown
jewel to spur interest in the new language, and to date no Python *or* Perl
implementations of lzip exist.  In fact, it's reliably rumored that Rivest
and Graham have a proof that lzip cannot be coded in Perl.  Since Perl was
previously proven Turing-complete, you can imagine the panic that will ensue
when they finally publish, and Parrot could score a huge win in academia then
if we had a program proving that Parrot is even more Turing-complete than
Perl.

always-suspected-math-was-a-baseless-fraud-ly y'rs  - tim