Python 2.1 running on Mac OS X 10.0.1 here

John W. Baxter jwbaxter at olympus.net
Mon Apr 23 12:10:21 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.988034495.31950.python-list at python.org>, Steven D.
Majewski <sdm7g at Virginia.EDU> wrote:

> It's a process resource limit problem.
>
> If you set:
> "limit stack 4096"
> in the shell (tcsh -- it's a different syntax for sh/bash)
> the re test will run without error.

Thanks Steve...setting the limit before make test did the trick, as
expected.

It's clear that the Python README file needs adjustments before
2.2...is that something you already have in hand?  If not, what's the
best way for me to get it into the "pipeline"?

I don't think the Mac OS X public beta will be an issue next time
around (it should have expired, so only people determined to live on a
dead-end street should be using it by then).

Thanks for all your work on this!!!

  --John