Mobile Agents and Python (was Python Performance vs. C++ in a Complex System)

Alastair Burt burt at dfki.de
Fri Apr 20 04:43:40 EDT 2001

boud at rempt.xs4all.nl (Boudewijn Rempt) writes:

> This contrasts to an earlier approach, Gossip, which followed all
> the textbook advice about giving one thread to each agent.  For both
> the toolkit and gossip (which is free, but closed source), see
> http://www.tryllian.com.

I see Gossip is a platform for building mobile agents in Java.  I wondered
if people have experience of programming mobile agents in Python.  It seems
with Gossip (or ObjectSpace's Voyager) you could program in Jython.  Does
anyone have any experience of this?  How does it compare to programming
with Pyro[1]?

--- Alastair

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.xs4all.nl/~irmen/ap/pyro.html