driving Internet Explorer with Python

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 07:21:07 EDT 2001

"Neil Hodgson" <neilh at scintilla.org> wrote in message
news:QiYy6.5601$Xi1.44246 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    [snip]
>    Scripting IE is a /huge/ topic. I had a look and couldn't find a way to
> print to a particular device.

I think you just need to win32print.SetDefaultPrinter('whatever'),
then use the .ExecWB method with the don't-prompt-user option (I
have not tested this).  However, using Adobe's PDF writer program
as the 'printer' may need further, specific tweaks (I'm told it
normally has an interactive session with the user to let various
parameters be set -- controlling this [e.g. via COM] is of course
a problem quite separate from that of controlling _IE_...).

Akex