Komodo in violation of Mozilla Public License?

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Mon Apr 23 12:46:43 EDT 2001

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> Speaking as a former employee of a Python company that is out of
> business and may have been likable, I think ActiveState's position on
> Komodo is reasonable.  (Same goes for Archaeoptryx and SecretLabs.)
> ActiveState employees have contributed in many important ways to
> Python.  I'd love to see Komodo be free, but I can't think of a way to
> run a successful business around a free IDE.

Thanks!

> Jeremy
>
> PS When you download Komodo, do you get the source?

You get the sources to all of the interpreted code (Python, Perl, JS,
XUL, DTDs).  You currently don't get the source to the few C++
components.

-- David Ascher
   ActiveState

   New! ASPN - ActiveState Programmer Network
   Essential programming tools and information
   http://www.ActiveState.com/ASPN