Python + Borland - msvcrt = grr.

Stephen Hansen news at myNOSPAM.org
Wed Apr 25 02:50:06 EDT 2001

    Scanning over your patch, what is obvious from it being a plain-diff, it
seems we were indeed fixing the same things. Did you run a full test-suite
afterwards? I just did, and an 'import types' under a Borland-compiled
python21.dll + python.exe gives up a Memory Error.

    God knows why. I'm trying to figure out currently. I tried to do a trace
through in BCB, but, like, there is _far_ too much going on in the Python
internals for me to figure this out, I think. Eep.

    I'm also hitting some problems with porting _winreg -- Borland doesn't
have a '_mbstrlen', apparently, dispite hte fact that its documented. :) And
i'm not sure if it'd be safe to replace it with 'strlen', I'm sure they did
a multibyte version for a reason.

    Any ideas? Did you fix any of the above? And, this -D_DEBUG problem you
mentioned, I hanv't run into that I have found, yet.

--Stephen
(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond in email)

"jj" <jj at void.si> wrote in message
news:qspcetgr21lesmhvdg7m2vimb3r56n77vs at 4ax.com...
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:49:35 GMT, "Stephen Hansen" <news at myNOSPAM.org>
> wrote:
>
> >    Care to share? :) I just did a Google Groups search and couldn't find
> >anything from you on the subject. Just pointers to the instructions for
> >building extentions to Python, which is not what I want :) Ideally, I
want
> >to be able to track the Python CVS and compile it with either VC or
Borland,
> >depending on the phase of the moon.
> >
> >    As for a -D_DEBUG problem; I have not hit any actual _problems_
besides
> >_winreg and its use of certain functions for dealing with wide chars in
the
> >registry that Borland seems to be missing.
> >
> >--Stephen
> >(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond in email)
> ¸
> ht
tp:/
/sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=413087&group_id=5470&atid=305470