Python 2.1 running on Mac OS X 10.0.1 here

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sun Apr 22 16:13:33 EDT 2001

[John W. Baxter]
> I built Python 2.1 as a Mac OS X admin user, using:
>
> ./configure --with-suffix=.exe --with-dyld"
> make
>
> Then in make test, I saw the following error
> test_re
> make: *** [test] Segmentation fault

Look in the README file:

Mac OS X: You need to add the "-traditional-cpp" option to the
        compiler command line for the Mac OS X Public Beta.  This is
        appearantly a bug in the default pre-processor, and is
        expected not to be a problem with future versions.  Run
        configure with "OPT='-g -traditional-cpp' ./configure
        --with-suffix=.exe --with-dyld" to add this
        option.  One of the regular expression tests fails due to the
        small stack size used by default (how to change this?), and
        the test_largefile test is only expected to work on a Unix UFS
        filesystem (how to check for this on Mac OS X?).