ActivePython 2.1 (build 210)

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Fri Apr 20 08:20:01 EDT 2001

Simon Brunning wrote:

> IIRC, older ActivePython releases came without Tk. I see that it's in the
> distribution now. Are there any bits of the standard distribution still not
> included in ActivePython 2.1?

I just did a "diff" of the two directories. The standard distribution
has a file called:

OPython21/tcl/tk8.3/demos/Readme

We don't have that file. We have a file called

Python21/tcl/tk8.3/demos/README

Is that close enough?

> What are the enhancements to PythonWin?

It depends on what you are comparing to: ActivePython 202, ActivePython
203 or some build of win32all. Most of the recent changes have been
internal bug fixes which caused crashes. There are new sample programs
that show how to work with the Windows system-tray/taskbar. Support for
Unicode and non-English code pages has improved a bit recently. Nothing
huge.

Other recent changes PythonWin are language lexing features inherited
from the Scintilla editor object. The changes in that category are
basically upgrades to support new Python language features. Support for
other syntax coloring other languages has incidentally improved in
various ways (in case you care about that!). PythonWin builds since 137
have supported Scintilla's "right edge" feature which allows you to know
when you have typed more than 80 characters in a buffer.

There are more changes in the win32 extensions, including many bug fixes
and support for "Universal COM Gateways".
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.