Python IMAP Server Code?

Paul Moore paul.moore at atosorigin.com
Mon Apr 30 09:14:28 EDT 2001

Steve  Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com> writes:
> Thanks. I was a little deterred by the protocol specs myself, but at the
> time it was starting to look like the only easy (?) way to interface Outlook
> Express mai folders. Still might be easier than a plethora of mailbox import
> routines, but some of those are already available in the mailbox module.

As an alternative, could you use a SMTP server (which is a *lot*
easier to write in Python) and forward your mails through it?

If you want to go this route, there's Mercury (see
http://www.pmail.com) which does SMTP and POP3, so you can forward
your mail into Mercury, and grab it out again using POP3. I did this
quite successfully when switching from Outlook as my mail reader.

Paul.